Golden Potato Chips
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, skin on
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Black Truffle Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- Wash and dry the potatoes, slice thinly and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or other deep frying pan. A drop of water will sizzle when added and you'll know that the oil is hot enough.
- Fry the potato slices in batches and drain on paper towels.
- Put the drained potato chips in a bowl, sprinkle with the Black Truffle salt, toss and serve.
NOTE: Our Black Truffle is strong and should be used sparingly. Enjoy the experience.
Substitute: Lime Pepper for an extraordinary citrus taste.
Golden Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes or Baby Potatoes
- Olive Oil for brushing
- Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
- Wash potatoes, leaving skin on. Cut into big rough chunks if using large potatoes.
- Parboil potatoes until just tender when pierced with a knife.
- Brush with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with Cyprus Flake Sea Salt.
- 2 Fresh Garden tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 yellow or orange pepper, diced
- Chillies (optional) diced)
- 3 cloved garlic, crushed
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- Fresh Basil, chopped (or other herbs of your choice)
- 1 large tin unsalted tomato juice
- 1-2 cups water
- Dash Wostershire sauce (or as much as you want)
- A dash or 3 of Tabasco Sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Splash of good extra-virgin olive oil
- We used Lemon Dill, Oh Chihuahua and Roasted Garlic Sea Salts here but feel free to experiment.
Put it all together in a large bowl, give a good stir and chill for several hours.