Every month we will feature a different product.
Come back each month for new ideas and recipes.
Spring is finally in the air. Hopefully we have seen the last of winter and we can look forward to the fun spring time brings. Gardening, patios, BBQing and of course EASTER! 💐
This month we will be featuring High Steaks Seasoning Rub. This delicious blend contains 12 different ingredients! We love it as a rub on chicken or beef, on the barbecue or smoker. It's also great in gravies, stuffings, and on roast veggies.
Check out the recipes below for some ideas. Don't forget, we love hearing what you do with our products, so if you have discovered a great new way to use High Steaks please let us know!
Don't have our High Steaks Seasoning Rub yet?
Get it Here! High Steaks Seasoning Rub
Easter dinner is going to be a lot smaller this year unfortunately, so we are opting for a roast chicken instead of turkey.
¼ cup butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 tsp High Steaks Seasoning Rub
6 cups bread cubes
2 cups chicken broth
1 roasting chicken; thawed
2 tbsp High Steaks Seasoning Rub
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and High Steaks Seasoning Rub. Cook for 10- 12 minutes until tender.
2. Place bread crumbs in a large bowl. Add onion mixture.
3. Pour broth over bread until moist, not soggy. You may not use all the broth. Toss to combine.
1. Preheat oven to 350C
2. Pat chicken dry and place on rack in roasting pan, breast side up.
3. Stuff chicken with prepared stuffing.
4. Tie drumsticks together and tuck wings underneath.
5. Drizzle chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle High Steaks Seasoning Rub and rub over chicken.
6. Roast 2-2 ½ hours until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 170C-175C. Baste chicken periodically to keep it moist. Cover loosely with foil if it browns too quickly.
7. Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes before carving.
4 medium Yukon potatoes; cubed
1 medium zucchini; chopped
4 carrots; chopped
2 celery stalks; chopped
6 asparagus spears; chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp High Steaks Seasoning Rub
1. Preheat oven to 375C.
2. Spread potatoes, carrots and celery on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Toss with olive oil and High Steaks Seasoning Rub. Cover with another sheet of parchment. Cook for 20 minutes.
3. Add zucchini and asparagus to potatoes and cook for 7 minutes.
4. Increase temperature to 400C. Remove parchment from the top and cook for another 5 minutes to brown vegetables.
Substitute High Steaks with Lime Pepper or Oregano Blend.
Substitute with any vegetables of your choice.
1 pound lean ground beef
1/3 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 tsp High Steaks Seasoning Rub
1. Preheat oven to 350C.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Add oatmeal and High Steaks Seasoning Rub. Mix well.
3. Add ground beef mix until evenly incorporated.
4. Form into balls, around an inch in diameter. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes.
5. Serve with tomato sauce and spaghetti or cool and freeze for later.
Yields approximately 20 meatballs.