Every month we will feature a different product.
Come back each month for new ideas and recipes.
Spring has finally sprung here in Okotoks Alberta. This May is a bit different than past years. We are just now getting some normalcy back in our lives. There is also a very important day coming up soon, Mother's Day! We hope this months feature salt can give you some good ideas of what you can do for that special mother in your life.
This month we will be featuring the Lime Margarita cocktail rimmer. Bring your cocktails to the next level by rimming your glass with this delectable salt. A tangy, all-natural lime salt that is perfect for rimming a Margarita or Daiquiri. But there is many other uses for it. It is great on your favourite seafood & fish dishes, sprinkle on cucumbers, or try it on popcorn!
Check out the recipes below for some ideas. Don't forget, we love hearing what you do with our products, so if you have discovered a great new way to use Lime Margarita please let us know!
Don't have our Lime Margarita rimmer yet?
Get it Here! Lime Margarita
1 lime wedge
Lime Margarita rimmer salt
1 cup ice
1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 1/2 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
1 oz lime juice
1. Onto a small plate, shake enough Lime Margarita salt to cover the bottom. Rub the rim of margarita glass with lime wedge. Dip rim of glass into the salt and twist glass to coat rim. Set aside to dry while you prepare margarita.
2. Place all drink ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glass and enjoy!
You can play around with fruit, using whatever frozen fruit you have on hand.
1 pound thawed raw shrimp, shells and tails removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Lime Margarita salt
6 cups mixed greens
1 chopped tomato
1 chopped avocado
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped mint
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
pepper to taste
1. Pat shrimp dry. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Lime Margarita salt.
2. Pan fry for 3-4 minutes per side till pink.
3. Toss lettuce greens, tomato, avocado, cucumber, red onion and mint in a large salad bowl.
4. Whisk olive oil and Dijon. Season with pepper. Drizzle over salad, tossing well to coat.
5. Top salad with shrimp and serve.